Our mission at The New Hope Mental Health Counseling Services is to offer individuals struggling with behavioral and emotional challlenges affordable and exceptional mental health services, utilizing current evidenced based intervention that promotes recovery, healing and healthy living.
The values upon which The New Hope Mental Health Counseling Services was founded on are to treat everyone, regardless of race, age or socioeconomic status, mental health services in an environment that is homely and culturally-sensitive, through excellent care provided by exceptionally-trained clinicians.
About our Practice:
The New Hope Mental Health Counseling Services is uniquely located along the Queens and long Island boarder serving a large population that speaks Spanish, Bengali, Haitian Creole and English. Our clinicians speak these different languages which make it easier for anyone to identify with a face and language they can be comfortable working with when they visit.
What We Do
The crux of what we do always revolves around the population that we serve in the community. We believe that every person can learn to develop healthy behaviors with regulated emotions. We are dedicated to using up to date evidenced based interventions that have been proven to work with our clients. Thus, allowing our clients to return to the community to live a more holistic and healthy life.
How Things Are
Mental health counselors fill many different roles and duties depending on each client’s specific challenge. Among the roles and duties we fill here at The New Hope Mental Health Counseling Services are:
- We diagnose and treat mental, behavioral and emotional challenges that presents with symptoms found in anxiety, depression, ADHD, anger to name a few.
- We help our clients open up about their unique challenges. This is probably one of the most important aspect of the therapeutic relationship between the client and the clinician. Many people don’t have someone to talk to about their challenges prior to coming to us. Our trained clinicians understand the client’s situation and do their best to help them transition from that place of bleakness and isolation to a place of warm acceptance.
- We help our clients to process in a healthy way the natural they may have reacted to adverse events in their lives, such as being laid off from work; going through a divorce or even cope with the loss of a love on through death. We understand that people have different patterned reactions to their unique life situation and we take into consideration the specific patterned response of each client through the counseling process. There not a “catch all” approach for all people when it comes to their situation. Our interventions are always customized to take into account the unique patterned response of our clients.
- Struggling with making important, potentially life-changing decision? This is well within the scope of our expertise and service. Two heads are better than one, they say, and we are ready to listen to you and work with you utilizing different approaches and interventions that will help you make the decisions that will have a lasting and positive impact on your life.
- Afraid that you don’t have the right skills to make changes in your life? We at The New Hope teach our clients important life changing skills and strategies that they need to effectively cope with their unique challenge. You don’t have to do it alone. The moment you begin opening up to your therapist about what you are struggling with it becomes apparent to you that he/she will begin to devise ways and means for you to overcome and eventually, triumph over the challenge that bought you to The New Hope.
- We have a strong professional network that is available to participate in the coordination of your care; from medication to parenting classes, anger management and transitional coaching.
One Community, The New Hope
We believe that everyone who requires our counseling services should receive the kind of quality of care that will promote balance and healing to our clients.
The New Hope Mental Health Counseling Services was founded to bring quality care to everyone, regardless of race, age, social background, age, and we continue to offer the most affordable mental health services in the area.
Our commitment is further boosted by a homely and culturally sensitive environment that is supported at all times by ethical, disciplined, and exceptionally trained mental health professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertise, ensuring a truly well rounded and multifaceted approach to bringing health and balance to people who need it the most.
All Cultures and Languages under One Home
Multicultural America has always been comprised of a variety of cultures and languages. The natural composition of our community means we treat a large client base from minority populations.
Our clients speak a diverse range of languages, from English to Spanish, Bengali, and Haitian Creole.
As such, we have clinicians who are adept in speaking these languages, ensuring that no language gap will ever impede our job. We believe that a familiar face and common language can do wonders for people who need counseling, and having staff who can easily communicate with everyone not just in English is vital for the success of everybody.